Ways to Enjoy Sunflower Kernels
Whether you're sitting at a baseball game "spittin' seeds" or using the sunflower oil in a favorite recipe, sunflower kernels and sunflower oil provide the means to a fun and healthy lifestyle.
Sunflower kernels are so versatile, it's hard to think of ways they CAN'T be used! Try some of these ideas to add healthy choices to the foods you eat:
- Sprinkle on yogurt
- Use with your favorite ice cream topping
- Coat a frozen novelty
- Top a salad for lunch
- Pack a pita with salad and crunch
- Toss with stir-fry vegetables
- Top your favorite pasta dish
- Use in baked goods such as bagels, muffins, multi-grain breads, carrot-sunflower cake, crackers and bars
- Snack on caramel sunflower popcorn, sunflower trail mix, granola bars, sunflower date bars and cookies
- Use in a sweet treat - try chocolate or white chocolate bars or bark or sunflower brittle
- Break the fast with muesli, hot breakfast cereal, ready-to-eat cereals, breakfast bars and muffins.
Kernels of Wisdom (document) File Size: 2705 kb
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
A brochure for manufacturers describing how the nutritious sunflower kernel is remarkably versatile and pleasing to a number of consumer palates.